Home » Travel & Leisure (Page 2)
Category Archives: Travel & Leisure
Hot springs is one of many attractions sought by travelers especially those coming from natural sources like volcanoes.
When it comes to hot spring, you may think of Japan since there is hot spring called Onsen there which has been quite famous. However, it is not only Japan that has hot springs. Indonesia is one of the best countries if you are looking for amazing hot springs to enjoy during your trip.
The hot springs in Indonesia are in fact worth travelling for. The best region to in Indonesia to find hot springs is West Java.
Amazing hot springs to enjoy during your stay in Indonesia
When you visit Indonesia, there are many things to enjoy. When it comes to hot springs, there are many of them you can find especially in West Java. Hot springs are also thing that Indonesia people enjoy.
Here are amazing hot springs you can find in Indonesia to enjoy:
Darajat Pass Resort
This is a resort where you can find joy in every corner of it. There are bungalows, pools, and waterpark in this place you enjoy with your family. The pools are varied in size and depth. Thus, you can even bring your kids to enjoy especially since there is waterpark where you can let them having fun with the slides and giant bucket.
Hot water here goes up to 45 degrees Celsius. This is located in Garut, West Java.
Ciwidey Valley Waterpark Resort
This hot spring water park is one of the most visited destinations for families. Here you cannot only enjoy well-themed pool with hot water but also cottages rented for guests.
Thus, you can enjoy natural spring water anytime you like. There is also large bird cage here where you can enjoy your relax time sipping your drinks while watching your kids playing in the water. If you like camping, there is camping ground where you can stargaze and build a fire camp.
This resort is located in Bandung, West Java.
Sari Ater Hotel and Resort
This is originally one of the first establishments around Ciater spring. The resort is homey and there are ton on fun things served only for guests. Not only pool filled with hot spring water, there are also outbound games for you or your kids to try.
Or, you can also opt for golf or horse riding. Or, you can try all of them, why not? This place is often packed during weekend so you’d better book in advance. This is located in Subang, West Java.
Sabda Alam Resort
This is a water theme park with hot spring water you can enjoy in any season. This is one of the most visited water park in Garut, West Java.
There are slider booms in various height and length you can try to boost your adrenaline. There is also pool for you to enjoy fish therapy. You can soak your feet in the pool then the fish will gather around to collect all dead skin cells from them.
The sensation is ticklish but you will enjoy it.
There are many villa options you can actually rent in Bali located at one of the tourist center. For many member of larger groups of visitors or even more than two families, you may want to think about renting the 3 bedroom villa at Seminyak.
This kind of temporary property is perfect for those kind of travelers who are planning to explore Bali in a group. Spending holidays is not always about experiencing the comfort retreat in silent. Sometimes, getting people you have known for so long altogether and visiting Bali can make your days even more memorable.
The 3 bedroom villa Seminyak will truly be your own home-away family stay. To help you what kind of the villa you are going to need, I’ll give some of the important and useful criteria to be considered.
What kind of the 3 bedroom villa at Seminyak you will need for your group?
When it comes to choose about the best accommodation which in this case is the 3 bedroom villa, then you have to considering about some of the important aspects that not only will make your stay as you have been expected before, but to get all the advantages that you may have not been thinking of.
1. Rent one with the private pool!
The first, it is important that among of all the amenities or facilities that the 3 bedroom villas at Seminyak had, you have to ensure that there will be at least a private pool. Even if swimming in a pool is not the thing you will need, the other members of your group may seeing it differently.
Villa with private pool will also add an extra space if there will be a small party with the group, as an interesting place to get breakfast in the morning before enjoy a cup of coffee, taking a rest while sunbathing besides the pool and many more you can do.
Renting the 3 bedroom villa at Seminyak included with such water element will also add an aesthetic aspect to your accommodation and will be great to feel more comfortable stay in Bali with its hot weather and atmosphere.
2. Does your 3 bedroom villa Seminyak sited nearby the beach?
If there will be short words that can be describe Bali, one of that I will be suggested are; Tropical Breeze Islands. I am sure that it is also one of the reasons why people are keep on visiting the province.
No matter where you are going to visit in Bali, the tropical atmosphere won’t really the thing you can get rid off. Even, it will be better if you can embraces it. And you know what, the best place for that is the beach. Long white sand beach to be exact.
So that, you can also finds a 3 bedroom villa that is located moments to the beach by walking distance. Anyway, since Seminyak itself is one of the village with beaches, then it shouldn’t be hard to find your villa’s rental.
3. Think about the villa’s services and all the possible access you can get
All the accommodations surely come with services. Some of them are free for certain terms and conditions and some of them will be charged.
The needed villa’s services such as cleaning, babysitting for family with kids, car rental service and other fully staffed you have in mind. You have to think about that and ask the management if they have been provided or will be make them happen as you arrived.
So with the possible access you can get. Some of the 3 bedroom villas Seminyak are also have their own restaurants, bar or cafe, sport facilities (gym, yoga, etc), and many others.
It is better for you if the villa you are going to rent will gives you more services and access to some of the facilities that will only experienced by the villa’s guests or facilities with privilege access if there will be one. I mean, that will be great if most of them are included with the price you have been paid, right?
I hope this will help you to decide which is the better 3 bedroom villa Seminyak for your group to stay. If you finds it helpful, share this post right away. Thanks.
Bali is one of the most favorite place to go when it comes to vacation. This island of Gods has everything you need for memorable vacation. Natural beauty, sweet people, deep culture, and foods are amazing. That’s why it is like a must to visit Bali from wherever you are at least once in your life to truly experience the real vacation. Aside from the culture and amazing places to visit, Bali also has delicious, authentic local dishes you should try. Travelling without trying the local foods is not complete. Foods are part of the local culture that you cannot only enjoy but learn about.
Foods you shouldn’t skip when visiting Bali
Enjoying local dishes is one of the perks of having s vacation. In Bali, there are many food stalls, simple diners, as well as high-end restaurant where you can enjoy various local dishes. If you are visiting Bli for the first time, food should be on your to-do list. Here are recommended authentic Balinese foods you wouldn’t regret trying:
- Betutu is one of the most iconic Balinese dishes. It consists of a whole duck or chicken stuffed with traditional spices. It is usually wrapped in banana leaves and enveloped tight in banana trunk bark before it is buried or baked in a coal fire. It can take 6 to 7 hours before ready to serve. The texture of Betutu is juicy and rich with flavor. It is easy to separate the meat from the bone after being cooked for so long. It is often served with rice and Sambal Matah.
- Jimbaran seafood
When you visit Bali, you must not skip Jimbaran as from your itinerary. This is one of the most favorite places to go because here you can enjoy the best seafood. Jimbaran seafood has been famous amongst tourist in Bali. There are many cafes and restaurant around Jimbaran Bay which serve grilled fresh caught seafood. They range from crabs, shrimps, clams, calamari, lobsters, and wide variety of fish. Every café usually has secret recipe of barbeque sauce and condiments in a form of Sambal Seafood Jimbaran Style.
- Babi Guling is another authentic local dish from Bali. However, it is not for Muslim travelers. Thus, make sure to ask what you are going to eat in Bali beforehand. This is a dish conceited of spit-roast pig stuffed with mixes of rice and vegetables. It is then slowly rolled over a coal fire. That’s why the name ‘guling’ means to roll. The meat is tender and juicy along with crispy skins. You can find dish dishes in almost every restaurant in Bali.
- Lawar is a dish consist of mix containing chopped meat,, vegetables, grated coconut and some spices. In some areas in Bali, Lawar is prepared using fresh blood mixed with the spices and meat to strengthen the flavor. There are two types of Lawar. They are white and red. The red Lawar is the one with fresh blood mixed and white Lawar is without. You can choose the one of them or both to try.
To be honest, I wasn’t appealed by Komodo cruise when I first heard about them.
Before Komodo, the idea of travelling with boat has never been on the top of my list. I don’t really like being swayed by the waves—though it may sounds romantic for other people. While travelling awhile back in Bali, we made a short day trip to Nusa Penida which we did by small ferry boat. Crossing the strait was like a trip to hell. The boat was constantly swayed to right and left, the deck was cramped with people and stiff chairs, and the air was not circulated properly. I went to the back seat; part of the ferry just before the stern. The only part where we can sit in an open setting. Though I needed to endure splashes of salt water from the propeller (and got wet a little), at least I get fresh air to ease the nausea a little. Not a very pleasant experience, I tell you. Needless to say, I got traumatised. I even still feel the nausea when I wrote this.
But then I heard of Komodo. I keep seing fellow traveler posts beautiful birds eye view of yellowish hills with deep curved bays (which later I know as Padar Island, one of traveler’s fave in Komodo), providing a high contrast to the bright blue sea in the surrounding. As if it was a universe conspiration, my Pinterest wall and Instagram feeds were constantly flooded by charming shots of golden hills, rosy tinted beaches (another Komodo’s main destination), scaly and ferocious dragons, jagged brown hills, and loads of aquamarine ocean that were too appealing to be ignored. Amidst the horde of Komodo’s natural beauty, travelers were busy sharing their leisure time in their Komodo cruise. They seems so happy to have relaxing sunbathing in the deck, and actually enjoying the scenery. Before I know it, I was deeply hooked.
Torn Apart: to Go or Not to Go
But here was the problem. To have a trip to Komodo, I need to hop into liveaboard. And that’s not just a one-to-two hours boat trip, but a three day trip! While my heart longs for this far-flung paradise, my head kept replaying our terrible trip with ferry back in Bali. Can I stand the nausea? Will I really enjoy my time in the sea? Do I really want this trip?
Until one day, I made the decision. A decision that forever change my soul.
Finally, A Cruiser Convert
Unlike my previous trip to Nusa Penida, this time I got bae on my back. He kept reassuring me that everything will be okay, that Komodo cruise was far more enjoyable than a fast boat ferries. This time, I take seasickness tablets wit me. The next thing I know, we have booked slots for two people on Ocean Pure, one of the best Komodo cruise recommended by our friend.
My Komodo Cruise was Not That Bad
In fact, it was so good that now I’m considering a trip to Raja Ampat, Papua.
So, I was still lingering in fear up to the moment when we were just about to see our liveaboard. It was when the liveaboard really sail that I realised I was okay. I didn’t want to throw up. I didn’t feel the seasickness. Maybe that’s due to the cruise’s body that were physically bigger than the ferry. Or maybe that was due to our captain’s skills. Maybe…it was because of the amount of creature comfort available on the cruise. I even fell in love with the interior of our ship—the nautical vibe made calmed me and made everything felt exciting at the same time!
One thing I really love from the Komodo cruise is their lounges; both indoor and outdoor. The cushions were regularly cleaned, super comfortable to lie in, and actually made our leisure time enjoyable. For the first time in my sailing trip experience, I could actually enjoy watching the scenery. And oh boy, seeing rugged islands passed by without thinking about anything but admiring nature’s creation was truly a satisfying experience.
Other things I love from the liveaboard were the rooms. Here we have our private cabin where I can retreat to our comfy bed whenever the I got too nauseated or tired from the trip. Something I definitely couldn’t do back in the ferry. Overall, it was a very enjoyable voyage.
The trip itself was incredible. We got to see everything Komodo has to offer; the Komodo dragons, the Pink Beach, the fenomenal Padar Island, many wonderful dive sites, and other breathtaking places that would be my story for another day.
Japan has become one of the most favorite travel destinations due to its distinctive culture and lifestyle. People are drawn to really experience what it feels like to be in Japan even for a while. Traveling to Japan also often leaves people with high expectation.
Japan has image that makes people has strong belief about what to expect when they arrive in the Land of the Rising Sun. Japan is unique country where the people still hold dearly the old culture but don’t hesitate to be familiar with technology.
In addition, the culture has made Japan established as one of the most desired food travel destinations in the world. Along with developed infrastructure and deep, old culture, Japan has become one of the busiest travel destinations.
Expectation of visiting Japan for the first time
You might have had your own picture about your expectation regarding to Japan and daily interaction between the local and tourists. Here are things you should know about traveling to Japan and what to expect from it.
First thing you have to know is just because they hold deeply their old culture doesn’t mean you would be an outcast from being a tourist. People won’t just stare at you and give you trouble.
You can go from one place to another and explore the city with ease. Japanese are polite, friendly, and a little bit straightforward. In fact, you will meet even friendlier elderly when you explore countryside. They often offer tourists a drink that you can gratefully accept.
However, you can just move on if you find a place is unwelcome or gives you weird feeling.
Language barrier is also something that most travelers are concerned for when it comes to spending time in Japan. Many people thought that Japanese is impenetrable language. However, it is not entirely true.
Most students and young people you can find in the city can speak basic English. In major towns, you can also read signs in English. If you explore to rural area, it might be hard to find people who can speak English. However, don’t hesitate to ask for help if needed because they are friendly and helpful.
With how technology has developed, you might think that every transaction can be done using only card. However, most small shops and restaurants in Japan only accept cash. Thus, you need to bring enough cash when exploring around the city.
Department stores and larger chain restaurants however normally accept payment by card.
Last thing I want to inform you is that unlike many other countries, the transport in Japan really runs on time. Besides, the passengers are mostly quiet. You can also rely on city maps transit to guide you to the right direction.
It may look confusing at first but you will get the hang of it in no time. However, you might get difficulty during ticketing. Just ask for help form the staff if you find it difficult to understand how the ticket machine works. Many of them can speak English.
It is also recommended to not get into a train during rush hour if you don’t want to be stuck in the crowd.
Travelling can be fun but it also opens many possible things including trigger your food allergies. There is high chance that you most likely have no idea what ingredients in your food served during your trip. Those who have food allergies often choose to stay at home to stay safe. Well, travelling is an option and everyone has the right to do it or not. However, food allergies shouldn’t limit or reduce happiness coming from travelling especially if it is what you like to do. What you need to do is not stop travelling but find a way to stay safe doing it even with your food allergies as your companion.
Surviving food allergies while travelling
Many travelers who also have food allergies have proved that they can have fun during travelling and stay safe. Travelling with food allergies is not to be underestimated but it doesn’t mean you have to be so stress to think about it. Here are tips to survive from food allergies while travelling:
- Make a research before going to your destination is the right thing to do. You can use apps on your phone to help you find safe things to eat or locate restaurants serving food for people with allergies.
- Be more prepared before travelling. Some travelers may love spontaneous travel. However, it is not for travelers with food allergies. You should prepare everything you need related to your food allergies such as medication, first-aid kit, etc. Make sure to stock them in your bag before travelling so you can easily reach them in emergency.
- If you are going to travel with friends, work mates, or families, make sure they are informed about your food allergies in advance. Therefore, it can prevent from unnecessary mishaps such as bringing you foods containing things that can trigger your allergies. Informing the will not make you look weak. Instead, they can help you just in case your allergies hit you during your trip.
- Learn local language of your destination before. At least, you can learn simple words related to your food allergies such as what allergy is in the local language or what cashew in the local language is. Therefore, you can be more aware of what you are going to eat in your destination. You can also write a card saying about your food allergies in local language and show it to the server to inform the about your condition.
- It is safer to bring your own snacks if you don’t want to deal with unknown snacks during your trip. Thus, you don’t have to wander around searching for snacks if your flight is delayed. Being ignorant of things you eat will only lead you to suffer.
- It is highly advised to reach out to your airline in advance and let them informed about your food allergies. By speaking up, you can prevent from unnecessary mishaps. Airlines now are more versed in handling passengers with food allergies so you don’t hesitate to tell them about your condition.
Travelling to luxury destination means you need to dig down deeper your wallet. You need to prepare your budget so that you can travel comfortable and safely. No matter what type of traveler you are, travelling to luxury place once in a while is like a dream. That is why lots of travelers are purposely saving their money so that they can afford to have a trip to more luxury destination for their next travel plan. Travelling to luxury destinations is so tempting because it offers extra-ness in various ways. It provides better facilities, amenities, and privileges. Of course, they come with extra money as well. However, it doesn’t mean you cannot truly have it.
List of affordable luxury travel destinations you may interested in
If you have a dream of having to travel to luxury destination then it is possible to do so. There are surprisingly luxury travel destinations in the world which are still affordable for budget travelers. keep in mind that luxury doesn’t have to be expensive. You may find it hard to believe it so here are the lists:
- Marfa, Texas is a great destination to have luxury travel with affordable price. Besides, this place is already popular among celebrities including Mathew McConaughey and Beyoncé. Marfa may not look as expensive as LA or New York. However it offers artsy place in the wild, Wild West. Thus, it gives you unique feeling. Dinner for two only cost around $38 USD. You can travel to this small desert city and go for shopping at Prada Marfa.
- Osaka, Japan is a great destination if you want to have luxury travel. Japan is already famous for its high-technology invention in various areas. It is also a perfect place to enjoy food scene for food enthusiasts. Amongst many famous destinations in Japan, Osaka is one of the best places to go to. Besides, its location is near to other destinations that you can reach in one go. Dinner for two people can only cost around $35 USD. Current exchange rate is 1000 JYP for 9 USD.
- Gaya Island, Sabah Malaysia is another exotic travel destination in Asia that fits perfectly for affordable luxury travel. It just sits off the coast of Kota Kinabalu. The island looks really fascinating that you feel like you are in Maldives. Dinner for two people in this city only cost around $12USD. The current exchange rate is 62 MYR for 15 USD. There are many things you can enjoy during your trip to Gaya Island such as exotic beach, coral reef, and wildlife sightings.
- Sihanoukville, Cambodia is another gem in Asia which offers affordable luxury travel experience. The beaches and islands are what the most attractive things about this place. However, the casinos and resorts keep developing throughout the years, making great changes in the city. However, it still as lovely as it is. Besides, this luxury travel destination is affordable for budget travelers. You can get dinner for two people with $18 USD.
There is no wrong of being budget traveler. Every traveler has their own principle over their way of travelling. If you are also budget travelers, you may have been familiar with basic economy flight. Actually, it is not only budget travelers who often deal with the perks of basic economy flight. Even when you are going for luxury travel, you might end up getting basic economy flight for a reason or two. The point is, you can still fly comfortably even if you happen to seat in basic economy class. It is not as horrible as you thought. Besides, basic economy can be advantageous if you travel frequently, especially on shorter flights.
How to stay comfortable with basic economy flight
There are many things about travelling that can make you feel elated or down. One of them is when you have your flight. Some travelers choose business class to feel more comfortable during their flight. However, some travelers get basic economy out of choice or luck. Here are tips to make you stay comfortable even when you are in basic economy flight:
- It is important for you to read the fine print of basic economy beforehand. Every airline may have different standard on it. By reading all the information about privileges you will gain by having basic economy, you will be more prepared of what to expect. In most airlines, basic economy means you get a seat in the main cabin, free snacks and soft drinks, and in-flight entertainment. However, it comes with some restrictions such as no access to overhead bins, your seats are assigned, no flight changes or refunds, no access to upgrade privileges.
- To make you fly more comfortably, make sure to pack light. Remember that most basic economy restrict personal items. You may suffer from hefty surcharges if you over-pack. There is limited weigh requirement for basic economy fares. Thus, make sure to only pack what you need and pack light to avoid being charged.
- As mentioned before that basic economy means your seat is assigned when check in. Thus, it is highly advised to check-in early. Thus, you will have greater chance to get window or aisle eat you wanted. The early you come, the greater the chance for you to be friendly with the gate agent so you can pick the seat from what it’s available.
- Some airlines restrict in-flight entertainment for basic economy fares. Thus, you might as well prepare your own entertainment. Bring your tablet to keep you entertained especially during long haul flight. You can also board with water bottles and snack packs to keep you from hunger during your flight.
- You can also splurge on a lounge day or massage at the airport. You can use the money you have saved from booking basic economy flight. Besides, many airports lounge offer various perks that you can take with you on the flight such as headphones, coffee, snacks, etc. Therefore, you can survive your basic economy flight and your trip won’t be so bad after all.
Komodo National Park is a travel phenomenon these days. Pictures of surreal scenes featuring rich savannah, rocky mountains, fine ribbons of sugary beaches, and bright aquamarine water scattered around the internet, inviting anyone who see it to immediately book a ticket and embark on an exploration.
But here’s the problem. You don’t know how much Komodo island tour price will cost you and neither will your wallet allow it. The first thing you need to do is making budget arrangements and see how much it probably cost.
Look for Fixed Prices for Attraction
Since prices of accommodation and transportation can greatly varied, you should start with fixed prices to start budget accommodation. It means prices of things that’s not affected by the change if seasons, operator regulations, time, or other factors. Some of the things in Komodo that apply fixed prices are government-ruled National Park attraction, which include Komodo National Park’s one-day entry fees, park rangers one-trip fees, and other activities.
Here’s the list of price:
- One-time only entry fee: Rp 150.000.000,- (around USD $100)
- Trekking: Rp 5.000,-
- Wildlife Observation: Rp 10.000,-
- Scuba Diving: Rp 25.000,-
- Snorkelling: Rp 25.000,-
- Cano and other boat-related sport: Rp 25.000,-
- Fishing: Rp 25.000,-
- One-trip Park rangers fee: Rp 80.000,- per group/ trip
Note that this article was made on the end of 2018 and prices may change times later. Knowing the fixed prices of every attractions and planning which activities to do in advance will make easier budgeting.
Look for Options and Alternatives
You might have know that travelling to Komodo Island require a trip with liveaboard. Know that they are not just one, but plenty of liveaboard operating in Labuan Bajo, Komodo’s only port town. They come in various type and class, too. Low budget to mid=-range liveaboard usually cost around Rp 1,5 million to 3 million for three-day trip. Top-range and more luxurious boats are offered around 3 – 5 million per night for a cruise cabin, 6 – 8 million for master/ ensuite cabins, and up to 30 million if you want to rent the whole boat. If you have tight budget issues related to Komodo Island tour price but still want some comfort creature, narrow down your search to mid-range liveaboard. They usually offer the best deals.
Tighten Your Belt and Save Up!
By any way, Komodo is not a luxury destination. What make it expensive is the choice of accommodation—your hotel in Labuan Bajo and the liveaboard ships to sail around the National Park. If you think that sleeping in a foam and mattresses on an open deck is not for you, better prepare from now and put that money in the piggy bank.
Travel in Shoulder Season for Cheaper Komodo Island Tour Price
If you worry that Komodo Island tour price will drain your bank account, try to wait up and travel in shoulder season. A lot of hotel and liveaboard operator in Komodo offer lower price if you choose to travel around January to May or September to the middle of December (the end of December is considered as high season)
Now, are you ready to take the adventure?
Travelling smoothly must be a dream wish for everybody. Travel sometimes needs hectic preparation which makes you even more stressful than before.
Spontaneous travel is also tempting but it means there are more risks you may face during your trip due to lack of preparations. Thus, one of the best solutions is to bring multipurpose tools which can be your life saver during your trip. Just like the name, the tools serve multipurpose so that you don’t need to bring many things in your luggage.
This is far more efficient and most savvy travellers use this trick for their travel to go smoothly.
Learn more about multipurpose tools for travelling
When it comes to multipurpose tools you need for travelling, it doesn’t have to be something fancy or expensive.
There are many affordable items you can find easily that do double duty or even more to your packing list. Thus, your trip will be less hassle. Here are some of them you can easily find in the nearest store:
- Turkish towel is a multipurpose tool you will definitely need for travelling. Don’t get deceive by its simple look in a form of cotton wrap. It serves multipurpose due to its high absorbency. Another advantage is that it is lightweight so it won’t significantly add some weight to your bag. You can use it as a pillow when you are on the plane or use it as a blanket.
- Next essential which serve multi-use is reusable plastic bag. You can find it in the nearest store. you can pack it in your suitcase or carry-on. You can use it to carry your snacks, transport wet clothing, hold bottles of breakable liquid, or corral your tech gear such as chargers, battery, headphones, etc. You can even use it to contain your dirty laundry. Stock up reusable plastic bags in different sizes so you can use it for your various needs.
- Waterproof pouch is like a life saver for travelling. Even if your destination doesn’t have water, you will still need essential. This is used to keep your equipment dry such as handphone, camera, etc. This will be even more useful when you having a trip during rainy season. Besides, you can always use it to pack your toiletries so if there is any liquid spill, it won’t leak out.
- Essential oil is also an essential which serve multipurpose. You can bring your favourite for your trip. You can use it to help you relax so you can sleep peacefully. Other purpose is to soothe bee or insect bites, moisturise your dry skin or lips, natural remedy for cold sore, antiseptic for cuts or scrapes, as well as perfume.
- Antibacterial wipes are one of the most versatile essentials to bring for travelling. They are useful especially to save you from germs. You can use them to wipe tray table, armrest, etc. They are also great to help you removing makeup, as well as for toilet paper. It is recommended to pack extra of them.