London is a great travel destination because its classic vibe can make people at ease. Besides, London is home to over 250 registered art institutions. That’s why it is such a great idea if you decide to travel to London because it is one of the greatest cultural capitals. There are many museums you can explore when travelling in London. It is like incomplete journey if you visit London without stepping into the museums. Museums are intellectual landmarks of history and arts. Thus, visiting them while you can is a priceless experience. Besides, most of museums in London is free of charge. Where can you find this opportunity?
Most recommended museums to visit in London
When you are travelling in London, museums are one of the must-visit sites. Even if you are not into art or history, visiting one of the museums in London can be a priceless experience. If you didn’t like cultural or art vultures before, then you will. Here are some recommended museums in London you can visit:
- Victoria and Albert Museum is located at Cromwell Rd, London SW7 2RL, UK. People also call it the V&A museum. Even from the entrance, you will feel enchanted with its grandiose vibe especially when glass chandelier hanging above your head. This museum was established in 1857 and consists of seven floors. There’s so many collections inside including the notebook of Leonardo Da Vinci, Shakespeare’s works, Picasso’s ceramics, and many more.
- British Museum is located at Great Russell St, London WC1B 3DG, UK. This is a must-visit museum in London hosting most valuable collections such as Egyptian mummies, Easter Island figures, etc. Most visitors even preplan their visit by mapping out the highlights beforehand. One of the most favorite spots in this museum is the Reading Room.
- National Portrait Gallery is located at St. Martin’s Pl, London WC2H oHE, UK. This is where you can find the most interesting photographs. There’s Spice Girls white and black photographs, Bronte Sister’s and William Shakespeare’s oils, as well as mixed media portrait of the infamous J.K Rowling. There are other collections of photographs as well that you can enjoy to see.
- Science Museum is located at Exhibition Rd, London SW7 2DD, UK. This is a perfect place for science lovers. This is where you can technological, scientific, and mathematical achievements though interactive exhibits, flight simulators, and IMAX Theater. Even though it is about science and technology, it isn’t boring to venture into this museum. This place is not only popular for kids but adults as well.
- Churchill War Rooms is located at Clive Steps, King Charles St, London SW1A 2AQ, UK. This is part of The Imperial Museum. This is where the history of British conflict starting from WW1 to present is preserved. Churchill War Rooms is a subterranean bunker under the street of Westminster. There’s underground labyrinth you can venture to. There are several corridors as well which used to be shelter during German air raids in the past. If you are into history, this museum is a paradise for you.