Flores is one of the most beautiful places in Indonesia. If you only know Indonesia for Bali then you need to explore more. Flores is considered more unique compared to other regions in Indonesia. Its distinctive cultures are the highlight of the place. There are unique festivals and bizarre rituals you can witness when visiting Flores. This place is also full of natural beauty started from stunning beaches to beautiful caves. To learn more about the culture in Flores, one of the best ways is to visit the traditional villages. There are many of them in Flores you can visit during your holiday.
Interesting traditional villages in Flores to explore
Traditional villages in Flores hold ancient culture and belief which makes them unique in lifestyle and other aspects of life. Every village also has different trademarks in cuisine, art, music, craft, etc. it never gets boring to explore traditional villages especially those located in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara. Here are recommended traditional villages you should visit during your vacation in Flores:
- Todo traditional village in Manggarai is where you can find ancient home of the royal clan. A king names Mashur and his clan decided to stay at this village centuries ago. The village itself is situated high up in the mountains so you need to hike to reach the location. It is surrounded by stunning view you can enjoy all the time. There are ritual stone, and also ceremonial house used by villagers to worship their ancestors. Circular houses about 25 meter in diameter are decorated with wood carvings.
- Tutubhada is the oldest village you can visit. The houses in this village are unique. The roofs has unique shape. However, you won’t find any wall. Supporting poles consist of wood carvings and ornaments. There is always ceremony held when one of the villager build a house. The ceremony involves buffalo slaughter as sacrifice. There is also traditional boxing event you can enjoy only in this village.
- Wae Rebo village is where you can stargaze and witness the Penti festival. Located in the West Flores, this village known for its cone-shaped housing. The village is situated on an idyllic mountain so the view surrounding is beautiful. To reach the village, you need to hike for five hours. However, it is worth it once you arrive. You can stay in one of the villager’s houses. At night, you can stargaze to witness the stunning Milky Way from the hilltop. There is also the Penti festival, an annual festival about ancient culture held every November. This festival is Wae Rebo people’s New Year’s Eve.
- Watublapi village is one of ikat weaving villages in Flores. This village use the old traditional method in making ikats. The villagers use natural resources such as plants grown for the dyes and local cotton for handspun yarn. Aside from buying organic handmade souvenir in the form of ikats, you can also learn how to make it form the villagers. This is one of the best way to support local community.
Travelling with a hammock is interesting. It can even be the first and main reason why you wanna go out there and experience the world since it is able to encourages and motivates you to do so. And today, we have actually been introduced to the present of the custom hammocks where they could really the ones we are looking for.
Any customisations that you can apply to your items or stuffs can bring you more benefits you have never got before. It is one of the thing that you can get from a hammock since it is surely one of the best travel and relaxation item that can be customise in any possible ways.
Nowadays, it can’t be the new thing anymore to find the hammock manufacturers that can be customised where you have more options about what you will have on your hammock.
Through the custom hammocks feature, you are possible to choose your own colours that are representing you. You are also possible to think about which gears will be included that will really support the usage of your own hammock at anywhere.
So do the other supporting accessories that can make yours becoming the professional hammock you’ve ever built.
The thing is that, finding your best customisable hammocks can be challenging and confusing especially when it is the first time for you to get yours. You may are thinking that you need to try to uses it and then deciding to customise your hammock base on your need and budget.
If you are really new to all of the things that relate to a hammock, especially when you want to plan your own customisable gears for your trip, you’d better know some of below recommendations.
1. Get the custom hammocks where your favourite colours can be defined
Getting a hammock with your own favourite colours won’t add an extra benefits to it. Your hammock can’t be safer and more comfortable just by doing that. But, it may will benefits your inner since it is always interesting if we could get an item base on our own preference.
There are still some manufacturers that can help you with that where you are possible to have a hammock with the colours that are totally different with the others.
2. Decide whether you want to use the hooks or the carabiners for your hammock
The hooks and carabiners are mostly used to hang a hammock with the right balance regardless to the distance between the mounting points and the ropes or the straps. The hooks themselves are super easy and fast for the installation while the carabiners can be great to be used to hold the heavy loads so they can be more safer to be brought to the outdoors.
The carabiners will really be recommended especially if you want to setup the hammock at the extreme spots.
3. Will you need the tarp for your hammock?
The next custom hammocks accessory you have to think about is the tarp. It is as simple as to get comfort by avoiding the shiny sun and the rainy day or the snows when you are out there. But if you are really need to buy a hammock and will only uses it at home, then you may won’t skip this first for the moment and decides it later.
4. If possible, include your custom hammocks with the sleeve
When you are camping at outdoor, sometimes you will have to leave the hammock for a moment to start exploring the surrounding or when you want to find the firewoods for making campfires or cooking. That moment you mostly won’t turn down the hammock from the trees, right? In the other hands, you think that you want to folds it for awhile and makes it neat so the wind won’t also flicking on it.
You can makes use of the sleeve for that in a faster way to fully coverage the hammock in just seconds. It will also beneficial for your hammock to prevents the depreciation so you can uses it longer and to avoid the hot sun that may cause the faded colours of your hammock.
5. Using the straps or the ropes
To setup the hammock, you will at least to get the straps or the ropes for its suspension system. They will help you to reach the nearest stands or the trees you have found. If you are asking me which one to get among the two, I’ll happily recommending you to get the straps since they are mostly the tree-friendly item than the ropes.
Surely that there will also the ropes that aren’t too rough for the trees, but I think that the straps are easily to find from most of the available manufacturers even though the price can be a bit expensive than the ropes.
Deciding which one to use for your suspension system is also the step where you are planning about to experience the hammock by leave no harm to the trees where they don’t deserved.
Those are some of the recommended tips, gears and accessories that hopefully will help you to get your own better custom hammocks.
When it comes to Bali, it is about the heaven for water sport like scuba diving. This is one of the most favorite activities done by most visitors in Bali.
This is when you can enjoy the beauty of the undersea. Biodiversity underwater is beyond imagination, especially in Bali. However, it is important to understand more about scuba diving in Bali including its safety and hot spots. There are many popular spots for scuba diving in Bali.
If you visit Bali purposely for scuba diving, might as well find out more about so that you can pick the best spot to conquer.
Tips for safe scuba diving in Bali
Spending your holiday in Bali means you have many chances to do various water sports including scuba diving. There are many points for scuba diving in Bali you can pick. However, it is best to choose the spot according to your ability as well.
For example, it is best to choose scuba diving spot for beginner if you are not trained or professional diver. Here is information about scuba diving in Bali you need to know:
– The best time to dive in Bali is around August to the end of October. That is the peak of diving season in Bali. During this peak season, you have greater chance to see Mola Mola fish, the giant creatures which weigh around 247 to 1,000kg. If you don’t want to involve with the crowd of other divers, you may choose to dive in January to March.
However, you can actually dive anytime since Bali has always perfect climate.
– There are many diving sites you can conquer. The most distinctive diving areas include Padangbai and Candidasa. These are more recommended for advanced divers.
Those diving sites are located in the East coast. It is important for you to find out more about underwater visibility, temperature, as well as cost of diving, and many more important stuffs about diving in Bali. This will help you decide where to dive and how to do it safely.
– If you are beginners in diving, might as well choose suitable sites. There are many diving sites dedicated for beginners such as Menjangan Island, located off the coast of northwest Bali.
Marine life here is incredibly majestic with clear visibility.
There is also Pemuteran where you can find underwater temple. It is located in northwest Bali. This is also where coral restoration program utilizing Biorock is. Another favorite diving site for beginners is Puri Jati. However, this is also popular amongst experienced divers.
Here you can meet the mimic octopus that can imitate dozens of other createures as defensive mechanism.
– As for accommodation, you can choose one of many dive resorts such as Menjangan Dynasty Resort, Alila Manggis Bali, Rama Candidasa Dive & Spa Resort, Gedong Gandhi Ashram, and many more.
Thus, you can stay at luxury and enjoyable place when you are not busy diving and exploring the underwater. Some resorts even provide Glamping service. Thus, you will experience vacation to the next level.
Renting Seminyak villas can be less than the cost of equivalent of the hotel rooms in Bali. Even you must have been known that a villa can worth some of the hotel rooms with more affordable prices and more complete facilities. So that, this type of accommodation is importantly considerable for any kind of travelers who are visiting Bali.
That is actually can be included to the reasons why Seminyak villas themselves are what you are looking for as the main accommodation in Bali. Those villas can also be the places to experience the beauty of your holidays as well since they can’t only be as where you are going to stay, but have been completed with amenities that can help you spend the meaningful moments inside the accommodation.
So that, I have been listed some of the advantages why choosing Seminyak area in Bali over the others and renting one among the available villas is important for your vacation. Here are they.
1. Seminyak villas create comfort
Staying in a villa will allows us to feel like living at our own home. It is because the design of the villa itself that is looks like a house no matter the design concept has been applied. By the location that is near to the beach, heading to Seminyak will really helps us to settle in and relax, even way better than at your home which means your vacation has been started in the right place.
Most of the villas are also identically with the spaciousness for all the rooms that will help you to create the tranquility environment so you can move comfort here and there without being afraid that there will be someone strange disturbing your stay.
2. High privacy is guaranteed!
There’s no such a perfect high privacy in this world, but if we have to start talking about it, then one place you can experiences it is at the villa that you are rented for your accommodation. Most of the available Seminyak villas are allowing us to enjoy our stay in seclusion and intimacy either when we are at the outdoor or indoor.
If you are staying in a hotel room, mostly there won’t be a term of privacy when it comes to enjoy at outdoor, right?
3. Perfect for a group of traveler (friends, families, colleagues, etc)
Staying close together is what actually the villas are for. This is the ideal accommodation for family or corporate retreat in Bali. Even though that everyone will stay under the same one roof, each of us will still have our own sleeping areas or bedrooms while there will always the common rooms for everyone to socialize.
For companies and family vacation, I think it is even making any sense that renting the Seminyak villas in Bali is an important option to get to stay proximity close each other.
We can also talk more about the amenities such as the private pool, the services and more that have became the advantages of staying in a villa as general, but I am afraid that we won’t reaches an end when talk about them all. So that, the 3 above reasons can be enough for now.
Just like any other cities, there should also some accommodations type you can choose. Seminyak villas are considerably important since they can be perfect for families while the others are specially built for the corporate travelers along with all advantages they are bringing to us. So that, make sure to rent one for getting together and reconnecting with family and friends or rewarding the hard work of the company while vacationing in Bali.
Dive enthusiasts are no stranger to the place known as Raja Ampat. It deserves its name as a hidden paradise. Is Raja Ampat among your bucket list as a traveler?
It’s currently difficult to reach—which is secretly a good thing
Just getting to Raja Ampat currently took a whole day out of your trip. And that’s when you’re already in Indonesia. Bali or Jakarta, to be precise. If you’re landing at other places in Indonesia, then it may take longer or quicker, depending on where you land.
Peace, tranquil, unspoiled lands. Because of the remoteness of Raja Ampat, the place is truly the embodiment of pristine. If you’re coming to Indonesia for its white sandy beaches, then Raja Ampat is one of the best places there is, and more. But because it’s just so difficult to get there, Raja Ampat until now has not faced mass tourism. Once you get there after the lengthy journey, you’re going to feel as if the place is yours alone.
A haven for over 70% of the world’s marine life
Marine biodiversity in Raja Ampat is simply extraordinary. Dubbed as “The Crown Jewel of the Coral Triangle,” Raja Ampat is beyond rich in marine lives. Simply put, Raja Ampat’s underwater scene is the most incredible there is on earth.
It’s been discovered that around 75 percent of marine lives known to humans exist in Raja Ampat. Approximately 3,5 million ha areas are protected by the government. There are over 1,400 species of coral reef fishes in the area alone. The term paradise on earth is not an exaggeration. However, the marine life in Raja Ampat is not without threats. The threat of mass tourism is one of them. Which is why the remoteness of Raja Ampat is a good thing.
You’re going to need a permit to enter
Ouch for more extra fees. But again, like the difficulty in reaching this place, this is actually a good thing. Raja Ampat marine biodiversity is a part of priority for both Indonesian national and global conservation.
Depending on your mode of travel, it may already be included in the whole package of your tour. For instance, if you’re going by liveaboard, diving groups, and other group or private tours, then you likely won’t have to worry about this fee.
The permit is another step to deter the harm mass tourism would always bring eventually. The good news is, the money is going to be used to fund the conservation effort. Conservations in Raja Ampat is among the global as well as national priorities.
Help fund marine life conservation
If Raja Ampat is attacked by streams of mass tourism, it will eventually lose the charm that attracts people in the first place. And by then, it’s too late to reverse the damage. It’s going to take decades to restore the place if it is spoiled by human hands through mass tourism.
As mentioned previously, the funds from the entry permit is going to be used to help fund the conservation effort. So the extra fees you spent is not for naught and they’re going to go to a good place.
So are you planning a dive for the next vacation? Whether planning a solo, partner or traveling group, Bali is the perfect vacation destination. Bali offers a special attraction for diving and non-diving tourists. The reason why tourists really like Bali is the beach and sun (sunrise and sunset).
Enjoy Vacation And Be A Profesional Diver
If you are a beginner, you must take part in training activities for beginners. It takes effort, perseverance, and intention to take a beginner diving course. It is appropriate that best scuba diving in Bali for beginners should not be missed. Why? Warm weather, friendly ocean currents and good visibility, make it as the best scuba diving in Bali for beginners.
Some of the best scuba diving in Bali for beginners like Benoa offer a perfect underwater view. If your partner trip is with non-diving, Benoa is an amazing one. Enjoying the sea walker, paragliding or banana boat can make others busy while you dive.
While the other best scuba diving in Bali for beginners is on Menjangan Island. Although the distance of Menjangan Island from the area of Kuta or Seminyak is a bit far, the island offers a comfortable resort for its visitors. As a National Park area in West Bali, the beauty of the underwater and coral and reefs should not be missed. Snorkeling is one of the activities for non-divers visitors.
Scuba diving is fun but you have to understand the security side. Complying with the rules of diving is important. As long as you comply with regulations, diving will be the most interesting and memorable experience in your life.
When non-divers decide to try diving, there are many dive operators who offer training packages for beginners. Whether you decide to dive in Benoa, Menjangan or other spots training and safety are the main ones for beginner divers.
Best scuba diving in Bali for beginners is ideal for your perfect vacation. It is important for you to look for a trusted and best dive operator. Don’t be tempted by the price of a cheap training package. There are many training packages no matter you are beginner or professional. Learning diving skills is important and must be done as long as you still have an interest in diving.
There are many dive spots that you can explore throughout the world. When you find a passion for diving, then you will be able to explore the other underwater. If you are serious about diving, then don’t miss the best scuba diving in Bali for beginners. It doesn’t need an expensive budget to become a diver.
Bhutan is a small kingdom that is largely untouched by the outside world. To this day, it is one of the most beautiful and the most pristine regions in the world. Technology such as television and internet did not enter the nation until 1999. It is one of the most isolated nations in the world. As a result, not many people knew of Bhutan’s existence until quite recently when the Bhutan monarchs decided to seek United Nations membership. These days, Bhutan is increasingly becoming more and more popular for tourists. Yet, it manages to keep themselves pristine.
Bhutan is a small place tucked away in the Himalayas
The remoteness of Bhutan is a part of the reason why Bhutan is untouched—and not just seemingly. Bhutan is secluded in all sense of the word. And this has allowed the nation to survive in isolation. But it does not stop there.
Bhutanese people seemed to isolate themselves from the rest of the world for much of their existence. The Bhutanese people practice Buddhism. And many of the Bhutanese lands are areas of spiritual practices. Places of meditation and other religious routines are in abundance in Bhutan. This is one of the reasons why Bhutan is a very peaceful place.
Bhutan is never colonized in its history
The Kingdom of Bhutan is one of the very few Asian nations that has never been colonized in history. Part of it again, thanks to the geographical nature of Bhutan. The natural fortresses surrounding Bhutan help Bhutan’s defenses and maintain its sovereignty throughout centuries. Thanks to this, now we can enjoy Bhutan in its all unspoiled beauty.
A strong sense of tradition
Bhutanese culture is so enduring during the centuries that the nation has existed. This, again, is largely thanks to the protection offered by the Bhutanese geography itself. When people say it’s a hidden gem, it is a hidden gem. Bhutan is tucked away between the Tibetan Chinese area as well as India. While being in a landlocked country is generally viewed as a disadvantage to the outside world, in Bhutan’s case, it has largely protected it from the outside influence.
The concept of Gross National Happiness
Gross Domestic Product is not the only thing and in fact, not the dominant aspect the Bhutanese are focused on. The idea of Gross National Happiness was conceived by Jigme Singye Wangchuk, Bhutanese king who reigned since 1974. Although this concept is in nature, ultimately difficult to define, to measure, and to see evidence from, the idea is a novel one. And it’s one of the most attractive aspects of the Bhutanese culture. Naturally, the very idea attracts tourists as International appreciation comes.
There are no traffic lights in Bhutan
Bhutan is the only place in the world where this is the case. So how is the traffic regulated? By humans, of course! It’s been noted the time and again that Thimpu is the capital of human traffic lights. Curious to experience this? Maybe it’s time for you to do further research until you decide to finally book your Bhutan experience through their authorized local tour agent.
Nothing says that Komodo liveaboard trip is reserved only for the young and adventurous. Now that you have retired and comfortable, no one can hold you from travelling and sailing the world—including the raw and remote Komodo National Park, Labuan Bajo, Flores. Here are some basic guide that would be helpful for seniors who desire to sail in this frontier.
Avoid Joining the Younger Crowds
You have passed almost entire phases of life and you know very well how energetic younger crowds can be. When you are sailing with younger adventurers, you might have conflict of interest. What you think of enjoying Komodo might include taking time absorbing one place to the fullest, having lunch by the water, and spend the day leisurely sailing across the Flores Sea and enjoying the scenery. On the other side, younger generation’s definition of exploring the Komodo would often means cramming as many destination as possible in one day, have one activities quickly followed by another, and won’t rest until the stars out. For them, true Komodo holiday would be dive, trek, eat, sleep, repeat. Often times, the fun won’t die intimate at night—time when you might preferably spend by resting without disturbance.
Unless you have frequently on long trip with young groups of travelers, we highly suggest you to take private Komodo liveaboard if you can afford it. Chartering a liveaboard gives you undisturbed privacy and flexibility that won’t be available in open trip. You are even free to change the itinerary on sudden notice should your health condition need it. And the best of it all, there are no nosy teens to irritate your leisure sailing trip.
One Day One Hike, More Beaches than Trek
When you have passed the peak of your prime health, you might want to have more relaxed adventure. On the other side, the rugged landscape of Komodo strongly suggest lost of exploration—which obviously needs a lot of physical work. To avoid putting too much strain to your body, we highly suggest you to limit hiking, snorkelling, or diving to just once per day. Take more time chilling around Komodo’s beautiful beaches, leisurely swim in the shallow water, and just enjoying the vibe from the comforts of your liveaboard.
Tell Komodo Liveaboard Crews Your Health Diet
Oh, we all know the joy of food when it comes to senior age. Especially when you have many to watch—sugars, fat, cholesterol, certain seafood (some liveaboard cook fresh clams, shrimps, and sushi), and other certain foods you need to watch. As the Komodo liveaboard crew would be the one who cook your food during the trip, give them all the details. If necessary, hand them your personal low-calories sugars to make things easier.
This seems simple—after all, this might one of the most common advice for senior citizen to liveaboard trip. Following the model of Indonesian’s wooden ‘phinisi’ schooner, your Komodo liveaboard is full of narrow gangways and steep staircases. This seemingly super-simple advice, however, turns out to be the most challenging one. Over the years, we have seen many—experienced and inexperienced—fall to victim of the staircases. It’s very important to be extra careful 24/7, particularly when you just enter the liveaboard just after dive or beach play.
Never Forget Your Meds
Just because you are on your holiday doesn’t mean you can forget your medication. Put reminder when to register the meds and consult to your doctor whether you should adjust it with the local time to keep sticking to your biological hours.
There are many fun things to do during your vacation in Bali. It is not a secret that beaches in Bali are worth travelling for. The foods are also authentic and mouth-watering. The culture is also distinctive that there are many things to learn. Bali is a complete package for memorable vacation. It has become one of the most desired travel destinations. However, Bali is also a paradise for shopping lovers. Of course, shopping is one of must things to do while venturing Bali. More importantly, Bali has abundance of natural sources for eco-friendly shopping.
Eco-friendly shopping recommendation in Bali
Buying organic products during your vacation doesn’t only benefit you but the environment as well. By buying those kinds of products you play your role to maintain our planet. Besides, it helps the economy of the locals as well. Eco-friendly shopping is one of acts you can take as responsible travelers who care about the nature and people around them. So here are some tips for eco-friendly shopping in Bali:
- If you are looking for natural remedies, you can visit Blue Stone Botanicals. This is where you can find various essential oils for natural remedies. They can help you dealing with your stress and anxiety. Essential oils are not only great as stress reliever but also as mood-booster. There are also aromatherapy rain mist containing 100% natural ingredients such as pure water, and essential oils.
- If you are looking for healthy snacks, might as well visit Bali Buda. There is a wide range of products made from organic vegetable and fruits. There are also gluten-free pastries and homemade pesto. Various dressings are also available. Peanut butter, Sambal, and even pure Bali coconut water are also available here to indulge you. You can also find organic products here such as soap, mist, essential oils, etc.
- If you need skin treatment products, you can visit Sensatia Botanicals. This is a great place to find skin products for those who have sensitive skin. The products here are available for all skin types especially the sensitive ones. You can also buy a gift card for your beloved so they can buy anything they want.
- If you are in Bali for a family trip, you can bring your kids to mini Muncher. This is where you can find healthy foods for your kids so that you don’t have to worry about their nutrition. You can find healthy, organic, nutritious baby food purees packed in BPA-free containers. There are also healthy snacks to indulge your kids such as brownies, bars, smoothies, etc.
- If you want to buy various things in one place, you can visit Healthy Choice. This is where you can find foods, beverages, beauty products, and baby foods which are 100% organic. They also have catering service which makes them different from other organic stores. Thus, you can cater fresh and healthy organic meals during your stay in Bali. This is where you don’t have to go anywhere else to find everything you need.
If you are looking for a management company specializing in providing you villa rental and a holiday villa in Bali at a high standard, you can rely on exclusive Bali villas. It is not a secret that Bali is a wonderful place to spend for holiday and any type of getaway. There are many things to enjoy during your stay in Bali including unique festivals, sacred temples, hidden beaches, mouth-watering, authentic local foods, etc. everything is available in a complete package. You can also bring anyone whether it is a family member, friends, or partners, everyone will be delightful to spend their holiday in the Island of the Gods.
Exclusive vacation arranged by Exclusive Bali Villas
To be able to enjoy an exclusive vacation, you don’t have to sweat about it. Exclusive Bali villas will provide you with everything you need to experience the best vacation ever in Bali. You just need to contact the staff via email or phone call to make a reservation of a luxurious villa for your stay in Bali. Here are what exclusive Bali villas offer:
- Every villa you book, especially the top one, will have a supervisor to take care of any requirements you might have. Thus, you can ask for up to date advice on everything about your vacation including recommended restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and many other things. Therefore, you won’t run out of ideas of what to do during your stay in Bali.
- The villa you book contains all the facilities you need for a comfortable and luxurious vacation during your stay. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a modern and compact design. However, you don’t have to prepare the meals since the in-house staff will do it for you during your stay. There are also buffets and snacks to enjoy. Cook service is available in all villas managed by exclusive Bali Villas including Villa Dewata, Villa Aqua, and Villa Samudra Raya. To enjoy cook service, there won’t be a charge involved.
- The team will also arrange your English speaking massage therapist as well as tour driver and baby sitter if you need. You can notice the staff about these requirements four hours prior to the arrangement can be made. However, keep in mind that cancellation will be charged. With this, you will enjoy a luxurious vacation with the best service. You can bring your families, friends, or partner to make the most of your holiday in Bali.
- There are special offers you can receive if you book exclusive Bali Villas. Current special offers include Early Bird Promo, Last Minute Promo, etc. Each special offer is available for a certain period of stay. Thus, check out the offers now to see which one of them that suitable with your reservation.
- Before booking the service, make sure to read the terms and conditions to avoid misunderstanding. You can check them on the official website. The terms include information about check-in and check-out time, minimum stay requirements, payment, cancellation, refunding, and additional charges. If you agree with all the terms and condition, you just need to make a call and make a reservation.